Thursday, May 13, 2010

When It Gets Rough, Get Tough Honey



I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.  ~Jewish Proverb

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.  ~Garth Brooks

We acquire the strength we have overcome.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  ~Mother Teresa

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.  ~William Shakespeare, Othello

If you're going through hell, keep going.  ~Winston Churchill
 I've always been a person who believes strongly that there is something to be learned out of hardship. When it seems as though you cannot sink any lower than you have already sunk,it's important to remember that there is someone out there in the world who has it worse than you. But this should not give you comfort instead it should grow your compassion as your ability for empathy enlargens. The comfort comes in the fact that in times of adversity, your character is being shaped, your will is being strengthened and you are becoming the person you need to become in order to fulfill the calling on your life. So when it gets rough, I breathe easy and stay cool and ask the Creator to guide and show me what lesson I am to take from this. What aspects of me require changing. You cannot change unless some external agent brings your inadequacies to light and brings this necessity to your attention. So, if anything...gratitude should be one's greatest response to adversity. In the long run, you will look back and say "Thank you". I would not be who I am today had it not been for that meagre event which took place and you'll probably laugh at how you thought it was the end of the world when it was hardly even. So why not prematurely look back in hindsight and say "Ha. No big deal. Besides, there are reasons for this I cannot see now but will be capable of seeing in a time that is to come."

Done.



 

No comments: