Saturday, May 22, 2010

Well At Least She's Trying...

So here's the deal - I like MIA, I like Lady Gaga. But MIA doesn't like Lady Gaga...hmmmm?

"People say we're similar, that we both mix all these things in the pot and spit them out differently," she said, "but she spits it out exactly the same. None of her music's reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is."


Hehe...I'm neutral on this one


"She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna but the music sounds like 20 year-old Ibiza disco. She's not progressive, but she's a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I fucking do! That's a talent… but she's the industry's last stab at making itself important."


Got to admit though, her music does lack in substance. I've known that from the start but what I appreciate is that she tries, she really tries to add some colour to this dreary situation we call the music business.

On a brighter note...MIA drops her 3rd Album this coming June/July. I'll be looking out for that one.

Wait a minute, hold on...
This was Lady Gaga in high school. Are you kidding me or what?

No comments: