Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wise and Sensible

Will.I.Am says this:

“Soon I want to settle down and have lots of girl babies,” he reveals. “Because I don’t want to add to the destruction of the planet. It’s a man’s world and I think it’s gonna be a female that changes it all.”

I thought about this last night. What would happen if the women were in power? What kind of a world would we have? I like to believe it would be so much better than this mess of a planet we have going at the moment. Sometimes, I just sit and think how sad it is that men, especially white men are in power. It seems that it is in the European males best interest to dominate others for his own psychological and economic gain. So as far as the Man is in power, this predator-and-prey system we seem to live by will remain intact.

Read the first 70 pages of "Ain't I a Woman: Black Women and Feminism" last night. It was a tough read, I'm telling you. Especially the first chapter. You know how you never think that you'll be the one balling your eyes out when you visit a slave port in Liberia or you watch a movie like "Amistad". Until you witness all that pain, trauma and anguish. Being forced to acknowledege that these horrific events are not just a figment of someone's imagination. They are real-life accounts of the absolute sheer brutality that humans are capable of committing toward one another. It's just tragic. So tragic.

No comments: