Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look, I'm Just Me Alright

I just don't roll with the tides. I prefer to swim upstream and be influenced by my own idiosyncratic wavelength of thinking. What's all this about being "cool", I think there is nothing cooler than someone who expresses their true self and is not afraid to show that.
Wits is full of people pleasers, God help me! It might look wierd how I'd rather just walk aroung the place with my huge-ass bluetooth earphones instead of mingling in with the sheep and become one of them - a commoner with no identity of his own. My mind is drawn to an image of mass production in an industrialist setting fabricated to meet the general public's consumer need. So I ask myself how I will differentiate myself from these generics, these mass products with no minds of their own. These absorbing, feeding, brainwashed media zombies that lack the inititiative to question, apply logic and rationalize.
There is nothing more pathetic!! I tell you, and when you're on a pursuit for something deeper, something which actually requires the use of your grey matter. I am boring, I do not want to get out of my comfort zone. Puh-lease! I'm on a mission of my own here just cause it doesn't involve getting high, sleeping around, drinking your liver to destruction and partying nonstop it doesn't mean it is not a mission worthier still.
(Just you watch, I'll be making more cheese than you with my ish - loyalty and discipline pay off in the end)
I'm a geek who reads voraciously, I am a writer who writes insatiably, I respect intelligence and integrity above all other qualities in people. I refrain from objectifying others, they are not people out there for me to use and exploit. I think Darwinism has made us cold, we discard the weak and use others to achieve selfish goals because after all we are just evolved apes arent't we! NO, I think we need to start loving and valuing each other as human beings again!I believe in love not Natural Selection, LOVE. Peace is attained through love and above all I aim to love others (platonically if you should know because your mind is always in the gutter I presume).
Call me a wierdo if you please, I choose to swim upstream with my beliefs.

No comments: