Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ngozi Adichie

I read The Thing Around Your Neck
last month. I found it beautiful. This woman is brilliant. So talented. Really don't know what else to say that could suffice to express the levels of admiration I have for her. She's going to go far. I can see it already. This is only the beginning.


For some reason, I only got the chance to see this now. But wow, she expressed this issue so concisely. "The Danger of the Single Story" is essentially that it inhibits us from seeing more of how things are. More of who people are. It limits us. She summarised this wonderfully in her closing sentence. 


"When we reject the single story, when we realise that there is never any single story about any place, we regain a kind of paradise."

There is so much truth in just about everything she spoke of. She makes me so proud to be an African today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.